Sports related research paper topics are connected with a many-sided field of activities. Sporting activities have existed for several millenniums. Throughout the history of civilization, people had to struggle for survival. During hunting and war, a person had to have good physical strength and agility in order to survive. With development of civilizations, ritual competitions served as honor to gods.
The modern meaning of the sport was defined at the end of the 19th century. Its appearance is associated with the rapid development of urban culture. The origins of the modern sport lie not in the needs of physical perfection or a form of holiday, but in the new possibilities of leisure: if athletes of antiquity were approaching the gods with their perfection, the sport of the new age was born due to boredom and passion.
Today sports serve as an instrument for many social and cultural problems. It is a powerful industry, including a special system for the production of achievements. In addition to athletes and coaches, managers, sports physicians, psychologists, and research workers are involved in it.
In this article we have gathered the most topical and interesting sports research paper topics that you can use for your own research paper. As you can see there are lots of topics that can be related to sports research papers, so you can choose the direction and create your own paper on a narrowed topic. For example, you can use the research paper topics on sports related to management and narrow it down to “management software for managing a soccer team.”
We have picked such directions as sports medicine, sports injury, sports theory, nutrition, doping, tennis, cricket, soccer, and other sports psychology research paper topics. Lets check them out!
Sports Medicine Research Paper Topics
- Chronobiological features of respiratory functions in highly qualified athletes.
- The influence of fitness yoga classes on the physical condition of women in a period of menopause
- Describe what influence the absence of sports and obesity have on health.
- Describe similarities and differences between methods of assessment of heart rates.
- Analyze causes that have led to deaths through the history of the Olympic Games.
- The effect of Ayurvedic drugs in the practice of sports medicine.
- Analysis of the functional state of adolescents engaged by professional sports.
- Positive and negative effects of caffeine on athletic performance.
- Influence of sport activities on functional activity of neutrophils.
- Effects of practicing sports among people with various heart diseases.
Sports Injury Research Paper Topics
- Types of injuries in weightlifting, powerlifting, and bodybuilding.
- Compare the sport traumas among preschoolers and teenagers.
- Effectiveness of elastic therapeutic tape with a shoulder trauma.
- Localization, mechanism, and treatment of traumas in the rowing slalom.
- Specificity of treatment of sports injuries in children and adolescents.
- Diagnostic and rehabilitation after anterior cruciate ligament injury.
- Statistics of injuries in volleyball and ways of its prevention.
- Technologies in the physical rehabilitation of athletes with vertebral-spinal injuries.
- Types, localization, and mechanism of trauma among young female gymnasts.
- Protective sports mouthguards and features of oral dental pathology in sportsmen of various sports.
Sports Psychology Research Paper Topics
- The use of neuro-linguistic programming in increasing results in sports.
- Aggression in sports and comparative analysis of its expression among qualified wrestlers.
- Psychological and physiological aspects of doping in sports.
- Volitional regulation and motivation of young athletes in artistic gymnastics.
- Psychological characteristics of concentration and attention among sportsmen in shooting sports.
- Peculiarities and methods of psychological recovery of athletes after trauma.
- Style of child-rearing in families of professional athletes.
- Women’s psychology: Needs and emotions in women’s sports.
- Peculiarities of the psychological preparation of women’s pair in acrobatic gymnastics.
- Modern problems of gender studies in sport psychology.
Sports Theory Research Paper Topics
- Comparative analysis of anthropometry of sportsmen in martial arts and athletics.
- Compare the sensitive periods of coordination among young girls in rhythmic gymnastics.
- Compare and contrast short interval and long interval training.
- Unique approaches in creating training programs for runner-athletes.
- Peculiarities of training programs for children’s fitness.
- Why do scientists and coaches need to work together?
- Biomechanics of muscles in the cycle of Nordic walking.
- Comparative analysis of effectiveness of stretching on performance of the high jump.
- Sociological approach in formation of sports leaders.
- Cultural identity and features of sport culture in Korea, Japan, and China.
Sports Nutrition Research Paper Topics
- Effects of specialized biologically active and nutritional supplements in sports nutrition.
- Use of curd whey in the sports nutrition industry.
- Role of microelements in sports nutrition and safety of metal chelates.
- Methods of creating individualized diets for athletes.
- Organization of sports nutrition in fitness centers and sports clubs.
- Nutrient support of athletes during training, competition, and recovery periods.
- The effects of isotonic drinks for rehydration at high physical exertion.
- Methods of drawing up a balanced diet for weightlifters.
- Development of effective functional sports nutrition for martial artists.
- Particular qualities of nutritional support for young athletes.
Sports Doping Research Paper Topics
- Methods of detection of anabolic steroids as doping in sports.
- Risk factors for cardiovascular disease of various kinds of doping.
- Doping and its influence on the health of professional cyclists.
- The problem of parents that push young athletes to receive doping.
- Autotransfusion and its effects on the body of athletes in sports.
- Influence of steroids on memory and brain functions.
- Arterial thrombosis as a consequence of steroids.
- Types of tests used for doping control.
- Interconnection of doping of physical and cognitive functions
- Analysis of main concepts of the World Anti-Doping Code.
Tennis Research Paper Topics
- Effects of mental training during preparation of tennis players for competition.
- Criteria for selecting promising tennis players among adolescents.
- Peculiarities of tennis training program for 5-6 year old children.
- The relation of personal traits of a tennis player to individual sports style.
- Management of competitive pressures among professional tennis players.
- Treatment of common tennis injuries with elastic therapeutic tape.
- Process and types of evaluation of preparedness for competition among young tennis players.
- The influence of tennis lessons on the development of students’ memory.
- Ways of increasing the speed of reaction for tennis players.
- The use of a special tennis training program for development of endurance.
Soccer Research Paper Topics
- The structure of the attacking actions of soccer players.
- Psychological approaches and techniques in the training of young soccer players.
- The increase of injuries during a soccer match compared to ordinary training.
- Relation of menstrual disorder to regular soccer training among girls.
- Peculiarities of technical training programs for female soccer players.
- The affect of bad teeth on performance quality of a professional soccer player.
- The differences and similarities between female and male soccer.
- Use of jumping exercises in training goalkeepers in soccer.
- The most common injuries among soccer players, and their prevention and treatment.
- History of soccer development in China and its perspectives.
Cricket Research Paper Topics
- Avoiding traumas of the teeth during cricket.
- Statistics of eye injuries and its prevention during cricket training and matches.
- Peculiarities of medical epicondylite among cricket players and treatment management.
- Relation of cricket injuries to commotio cordis.
- History of cricket: Review of English sports periodicals of the 18th and 19th centuries.
- The use of the Hawk-Eye complex in cricket matches.
- Influence of cricket in the creation of softball sports.
- Imran Khan as representative of the professional cricket player.
- Types of matches in cricket. Difference between Test and limited-overs games.
- Analysis of cricket techniques and tactics depending on the player.
You can also find a bunch of other research paper topics within various disciplines and areas of studies.
Sports research paper topics cover a wide range of fields. Sports is an activity which involves physical application and skill. The sports activity may either be done by an individual or a team competing against one another. It has been known that physical activity is vital to one’s holistic development and health.
Sports is an integral part of everyday life. It helps build rapports with strangers and communities besides reinforcing inequalities. This is often because sports events are graced by all classes of fans from the high and mighty to the average sports fan.
Stuck with your essay, Check out our cheap research papers for sale
If you are taking a sports related course, here are topics you might want to craft a research paper on
A list of 50 Sports Research Paper Topics
- What are the ramification of use of steroids and drugs in sports.
- Life long benefits of child sports.
- Does youth sports play a part in character formation?
- How has sports evolved with technological advances?
- Does European football differ from American football?
- Is bubble football entertainment or a sport?
- How can sports injuries be prevented in rugby?
- What challenges do sports nutritionist face with the athletes?
- Should women sports get more coverage than the male sports?
- Does an athlete need a sports manager?
- What are the attributes of a high school coach?
- What proper measures can be taken to avoid sudden death in athletes during a game?
- Are college football players receiving quality education? Or are they spending more time in the field?
- Should cross gender coaching be encouraged?
- Discuss gender stratification through study of sports.
- Research on the history of ancient sports.
- What is the impact of sports role models to the youth?
- Discuss natural grass versus artificial turf on playing fields.
- Discuss the sociological aspect of money and sportsmen.
- The development and history of golf
- Does corruption in FIFA have an impact on football fans?
- What is the whole host of problems that come as a prize of fame in sports?
- Many superstars have insured their body parts. Do you see this as ethical?
- Does being athletic improve your intelligence?
- Discuss sports law and functions of a sports lawyer.
- Should sports academies be in every county?
- Athletes and protein how much is enough?
- How do anti inflammatory drugs work? Are they considered drugs?
- Discuss the role of lactic acid in an athlete’s performance.
- When does topical pain relievers become unsafe for an athlete?
- Can mental rehearsal and visualisation improve performance before competition?
- Can sports hypnosis improve healing on an injury?
- What is the role of a sports psychologist?
- Sports betting and its negative impact on the society.
- Are sports drinks that safe?
- Explore sports journalism.
- Discuss the life and personality of Dennis Rodman.
- Should sports betting be banned.
- Are women athletes prone to injuries than men?
- Is there a correlation between aggression and hockey players?
- What can be done to avoid shoulder related sports injuries?
- Golf and social class. Is there a barrier for participation?
- Muslim women and sports.
- The role of media in promoting sports world wide.
- Discuss sports and nationalism.
- Discuss the development of sports for the disabled in your country.
- Discuss tips to avoid performance anxiety before a big game.
- Should women lift weights?
- Is the result of the Bruce Protocol effective on flexibility of a sports person?
- Can you do too much weight training?
How to Write an Interesting Research Sports Essay
Like any other research paper a sports research should start with a;
Strong Topic Always narrow down your category and pinpoint a specific issue. Instead of writing about Cricket as a sport, you may narrow down to a specific “ use of ergogenics in cricket”. This brings the focus of your audience to easily navigate the paper and understand it.
State your Thesis This is the statement that states the writer’s main idea for the essay.
Outline your essay Your essay should have an introduction, body and a conclusion.
First Draft Ensure the topic of each paragraph in the body of the essay directly relates to the thesis statement. Avoid straying from the topic so as not to lose your reader.
Second Draft Read through for any grammatical errors, stray in topic,and accurately cite.
Checklist for your second draft
- Is my thesis statement clear with strong supporting argument?
- Did I miss anything on the outline?
- Is the flow of the essay logical?
- Are all sources cited properly to avoid plagiarized work?
- Are my points and intentions clear?
Final Draft A clean copy which has been proofread and ready to be submitted.