An experienced CAD Technician able to produce detailed drawings and material schedules which are clear, accurate and cost effective. Possessing a proven ability to produce work that minimises scrap and re-work and also meets the requirements of the specification and which can be constructed and commissioned safely and effectively.
Fully proficient in Autocad and Inventor and able to work a busy design consultancy with an established structural engineering design team. Currently looking for a suitable CAD Technician position with a reputable and ambitious firm.
Chapmans Mechanical Design Consultancy – Coventry
CAD TECHNICIAN June 2008 - Present
Using CAD systems to generate new drawings, modify existing designs, provide electrical specifications and to be generally involved in projects throughout the whole production process.
- Generating new product designs and modifying existing designs for customers.
- Report problems and deficiencies in the design and brief to an appropriate person.
- Itemising all components and materials for all jobs in production.
- Provide technical advice and assistance to the production team.
- Managing CAD projects.
- Involved in the manufacture of prototypes and trials.
- Maintain drawing files and records throughout the duration of contracts.
- Carrying our pre and post order and/or project specific drafting.
- Undertaking of physical testing of prototypes & samples.
- Ensure that drawings take full regard of all health and safety requirements.
- Working on general arrangement drawings & detailed designs using AutoCAD 2008.
KEY SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES
- A comprehensive knowledge of engineering design principles.
- Capable of working within demanding time frames.
- Ability to interpret working drawings.
- Experience of FMEA (Failure Mode Effect Analysis) methodology.
- Knowledge of test procedures for new and modified components.
- Ability to generate applications drawings for new products.
- A high level of experience in both Microstation V8i CAD and Access database software solutions.
BTEC Civil Engineering Level 3 -
BCS Certificate in 2D Computer Aided Design (ECDL CAD) Level 2
Nuneaton Central College 2005 - 2008
A levels: Maths (A) English (B) Technology (B) Science (C)
Coventry Central College 2003 - 2005
Available on request.
AREAS OF EXPERTISE
Structural CAD Technician
2D design and 3D design
NVQ Performing Engineering Operations levels 1
EAL Advanced Diploma in Engineering and Technology Level 3
Numeracy and computer skills
Knowledge of material properties
AutoCAD Operator Cover Letter
AutoCAD stands for automated aided design which is an architect's best friend. A highly talented CAD drafter has a great deal of experience in preparing and providing technical drawings of extraordinary excellence. A few of the auto cad operators are specially recognized by the state ministry of urban development and other state association builders. Hence, it is extremely important if you are planning to apply for this post with an effective and professional AutoCAD operator cover letter and resume.
Before you start writing a cover letter for AutoCAD operator, it is good to know about the job duties and responsibilities of the person.
Job duties and responsibilities of an auto cad operator
The main job duty for an auto cad operator is to create drawings and specifications based on calculations, equations and written instructions which are usually provided by designers and engineers.
The sample auto CAD operator will provide some important tips and guide to write one of your own.
3452 Main Avenue,
March 21, 2011
AutoCAD Software Company
3456 Scott Circle,
Dear Mr. Thomas,
I am seeking for the position of an AutoCAD operator which you have advertised in (mention the name of the job source) for your company. I have enclosed my resume for your further consideration with this letter.
I have been as an AutoCAD operator for the past five years in (mention the name of your previous company). During this span of time, I have gained a good considerable of knowledge of what it takes to be an effective operator of AutoCAD. I have also put up a quality product in both technical and other creative talent utilized. In addition to this, I have worked with various firms and departments. I have handled all the latest kind of software and programs and designed innovative concepts within tight deadlines. I have a successful and individual tract record. I would like to bring this excellent career knowledge to your firm.
Thanks for reviewing my cover letter. If you would like to know more about my educational background, please feel free to contact me at (insert your contact details) at your earliest convenience. I look forward to your call.
Enclosure:resume and work experience certificates
As seen in the above example of cover letter, it is short and precise. The letter barely comprises of three paragraphs which is stated below:
- After you have stated the name of the employer and address, your first paragraph of the latter should include the reason as to why you are writing it, the exact position and the source you saw the job advertisement. It should also encourage the reader to complete the letter.
- The middle paragraph should include the job description of an AutoCAD operator. Make sure you connect your skills and experience with the requirement of the job. Highlight some of your key accomplishments from your resume but do not mention everything.
- Briefly summarize your knowledge and skills and repeat how it suits the position. Finally show your gratitude by thanking him or her for their time and ask them to set up a time for an interview.
This is how you can write an effective and interesting AutoCAD operator cover letter and help you applying for such relevant jobs.