Testimony Before the House Subcommittee on Digital Commerce and Consumer Protection
Testimony and Statement for the Record of Bruce Schneier
Fellow and Lecturer, Belfer Center for Science and International Affairs, Harvard Kennedy School
Fellow, Berkman Center for Internet and Society at Harvard Law School
Hearing on "Securing Consumers' Credit Data in the Age of Digital Commerce"
Subcommittee on Digital Commerce and Consumer Protection
Committee on Energy and Commerce
United States House of Representatives
1 November 2017
2125 Rayburn House Office Building
Washington, DC 20515
Mister Chairman and Members of the Committee, thank you for the opportunity to testify today concerning the security of credit data. My name is Bruce Schneier, and I am a security technologist. For over 30 years I have studied the technologies of security and privacy. I have authored 13 books on these subjects, including Data and Goliath: The Hidden Battles to Collect Your Data and Control Your World (Norton, 2015).
Read More →
Acute Essay Topics On Internet Privacy: 20 Expert Suggestions
Internet privacy is a very important topic nowadays. Many people are afraid that they’re watched by the government through the Internet and these suspicions aren’t always baseless. If your teacher assigned you to write an essay on Internet privacy, there are many narrow topics that you may choose from.
Topics on Internet Privacy
- The history of Internet privacy.
- Levels of Internet privacy.
- Risks to Internet privacy.
- Internet privacy and HTTP cookies.
- Device fingerprinting and Internet privacy.
- Photos in social networks and Internet privacy.
- Search engines and Internet privacy.
- Reducing the risks to Internet privacy.
- Real life implications related to Internet privacy.
- Global policies about Internet privacy.
- User-generated content and Internet privacy costs.
- Internet privacy and social media.
- Effects of privacy seals and warnings on online privacy behavior.
- Damages for Internet privacy violations.
- Internet privacy and politics.
- The installment of malware on your computer by major companies.
- The lack of regulation in Internet privacy.
- Internet privacy and intellectual property.
- Weak passwords and Internet privacy.
- The future of Internet privacy.
Writing an Essay
A good topic isn’t enough to get an excellent mark for your work. You should conduct thorough research and present your points or arguments properly. Ask your teacher about sources that you should use to succeed. Acquire these sources and find there, at least, three points that can support your main idea. It’s important to defend your statements using factual evidence rather than just your opinion. Before you start writing your paper, it’s advisable to make a good outline. This will help you structure your text properly. Compose your essay using appropriate writing techniques and transitions between paragraphs to make your text flow smoothly. Proofread your paper to eliminate errors made during the process of writing. Come up with your title after your paper has been complete to make it 100% relevant to the text.
If you aren’t sure that you’ll be able to write an impressive paper by yourself, you should ask other people to help you. If you cannot spend money on this, just regularly visit your instructor and ask them to consult you about your next steps. If you can pay for assistance, you may hire a professional tutor who will teach you how to deal with academic assignments. You may also contact essay writing companies to compose papers for you in exchange for payment. Services of professional agencies won’t disappoint you.